Sunday, July 3, 2011

Healthy Eating

I have been on the journey to find the smaller person that resides inside this body of mine. The Journey has been helped by the new Weightwatchers pro points Plan. It truly is a lifestyle and not a diet. I can still indulge and I do when I feel like it. Meal planning makes this all the more easier. I am horrible at meal planning especially at the moment with only having moved into a new house and all the trouble and trials that brings. BUT I have planned dinner tonight- A slow cooker meal. I really do not use my slow cooker enough and should use it more often, it would make life so much easier.

Tonight’s Meal is-

Lamb Stew

Here is what you need-


500 grams of lean diced lamb or lamb cutlets
2 big potatoes (approx. 500grams) total
2-3 carrots
1 Large brown onion
2-3 garlic cloves
1 cup of beef stock ( I used consume as I prefer the clarity and flavour)
2-3 rosemary stems





Brown the meat



Peel and cut the potatoes into large chunks
Peel and cut the carrots into large chunks
Peel and cut the onions into large chunks


Peel and grate/mince garlic- I use my microplane- one AWESOME piece of kitchen equipment.


Place all ingredients into the slow cooker. Depending on the time you will have will determine the heat setting. My Slow cooker has Low and High and as I knew this would be on most of the day I set it to low. If it is was only going to have a few hours I would set to High.




You can serve this with green vegetables on the side which will not add any propoints.

If you find the stock is a little too thin you can thicken it a little prior to serving.







Pro Points per serve = 8 (serves 4 people)

I served it with a cauliflower mash- just mashed it with cream cheese and a little parmesan. This only added 1 extra propoint.



What are your favourite low fat and easy meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment