Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cooking for one does not have to be boring.


Hubby was away last week and I wanted something warm for dinner. Miss 4 is so fussy when it comes to any food! So I was cooking for one. I am also a Weight Watchers member so I like meals to meet these requirements. SO........ looking in the freezer I had some prawns and fish. I looked up what I could make and came up with Fisherman's pie. I broke the recipe down to make a one person serve. It was really yummy and I would make it again. I did make a few changes to the recipe below. I upped the peas as I had no corn and also added some garlic- I think the garlic is really good in this.

I hope you love it.

Fisherman's pie

ProPoints™ Value: 9
Servings: 4


Ingredients
350 g potatoes
1 1/2 Tbsp low fat dairy spread
4 individual shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp plain flour
1 cup(s) skim milk, (250ml)
1/3 cup(s) frozen peas,
1/3 cup(s) frozen corn,
600 g ling fillet(s), cut into 4cm pieces
200 g king prawns, peeled
2 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
35 g low fat grated cheese
1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray


Instructions
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil. Steam potato for 10 minutes or until just tender. (I used the microwave like i was making a baked spud in there)

Meanwhile, melt spread in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth and combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring, for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened.

Add peas and corn and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until heated through. Add fish, prawns and parsley and stir to combine.

Spoon fish mixture into prepared dish and top with sliced potato. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 25–30 minutes. Serve.

Note: For a browner topping, preheat grill on high and grill pie for 2–3 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment